Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Nolan's First Birthday!

Okay, so it has obviously been waaayyyy too long since I've posted. Welcome to the life and times of a full-time teacher, wife, and mom.  Oy.  I try to keep alot of things organized and updated, apparently this has not been one of them lately!  Our little Nolan turned one on March 21st.  I think back to the night he was born (and the 36 hours of contrations/labor..but I'd do it all again, and then some) and feel so blessed to have had such a healthy pregnancy and little boy.  Although we had a bit of a scare with me devloping an infection and him being exposed to it, we both ended up completely healthy! The year sure did fly by.  I think I had atleast 100 times where I would hold him, rock him, and stare at him thinking "These are the moments that you wait a lifetime for..I won't ever have this same exact day or moment again." 






Our lucky little boy had so many wonderful birthday celebrations.  He went to daycare on his birthday where they had a little party for him.  The kids at daycare have been waiting for his birthday..for months!

This was the morning of his birthday.

And the night of his birthday.

His new ride-on pirate ship!

3 days later we had his party in Eau Claire. This was Nolan's very yummy cake: Almond cake with chocolate butter cream frosting on the inside, and vanilla buttercream on the outside.  His little smash cake was so cute!

Opening presents..a little pillow pet, which he loved.

At this point he was very, very tired. He kept laying his head on his new turtle!

New tractor from Great Grandma and Grandpa.

And comes time for cake. We weren't sure exactly what he'd do, but I didn't think he'd get that messy. He doesn't enjoy squishy, messy things very much.


Testing it out...

And not having it..

Cousin Mary and Great Grandma and Grandpa

The great thing about his birthday, was that my spring break lined up right after it! We spent the following week going to story times, the zoo, swimming, had another b-day party with friends, and got one-year pictures taken. What a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment